DIY :: Old Fashioned Rosewater November 21, 2015
Here's a simple way to make your own very versatile Rose Water. Use the most fragrant, fresh from the garden roses you can find, (no pesticides or fungicides).
Old Fashioned Rose Water
Use equal volume rose petals to distilled water, roughly. A dash of salt helps bring out the oils.
- Place the rose petals in a glass or enamel pot, pour in distilled water to just cover.
- Heat until water is scalding but not boiling.
- Turn off the heat, let soak for at least an hour.
- Strain in tea towel or cheesecloth, squeezing out the petals.
- Store in a sterilized glass bottle in your refrigerator.
This veritable Nectar of the Gods can be used in many recipes, from foods to beauty aids, or just splash on for a fragrant aura as lovely as a rose!
Image and recipe excerpted from 100 Organic Skincare Recipes by Jessica Ress.